Importing your data from Google Chrome into SecretSafe is easy.
You can only export passwords from the Chrome desktop application. It is not possible to export from the Chrome mobile app.
The process is exactly the same for Opera and Vivaldi browser users.
- Open Chrome and enter
chrome://settings/passwordsinto the address bar and press enter. This will open a page with all your Saved Passwords for Chrome.
- Locate the Export passwords option at the top of the Saved Passwords list. It is hidden under the options icon (
...) next to the Saved Passwords heading.
- Click the Export passwords option in the options menu. You may be prompted to enter your computer's password for authorization.
- You'll then be prompted to save your passwords to a CSV file on your computer. Save this file to your desktop as
chrome_passwords.csv(or whatever name you want to call it).
- Go to the SecretSafe web safe and log in.
- Navigate to Tools → Import Data.
- Select Chrome (csv) as the file format and select your
chrome_passwords.csvfile from the desktop that you created in step 7 above.
- Click the Import Data button.
Congratulations! You have just transferred all of your data from Google Chrome into SecretSafe.