SecretSafe allows you to export your safe's data at any time.
Exports contain your safe data in an unencrypted format. You should not store or send the exported file over unsecure channels (such as email). Delete it immediately after you are done using it.
.json file format offers a more complete export of your data and should be used for standard backup procedures. Some non-critical information is not included with the export when using the
.csv file format.
.json file can be opened, read, and modified in a simple text editor like Notepad.
.csv file can be opened, read, and modified in spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Excel (preferred) or a simple text editor like Notepad.
At this time, exports do not include file attachment data.
- Log in to the web safe at https://secretsafe.rayt.io
- Click Tools in the top navigation bar
- Click Export Safe under the Tools side navigation
- Choose your exported file format, type in your master password, and click Export Safe. Your browser will either automatically download the exported file or prompt you to save it
Exporting your safe will not include items that belong to an organization. Organization admins can export their organization's safe from the web safe under the organization's admin area in the Tools section. Then click Export Safe under the Tools side navigation.
- Open the browser extension and click the Tools tab
- Scroll down and click Export Safe
- Choose your exported file format, type in your master password, and click Submit. Your browser will either automatically download the exported file or prompt you to save it
- Open the desktop application and navigate to File → Export Safe
- Choose your exported file format, type in your master password, and click the Submit button. You will be prompted to download the exported file
In the CLI application, you can use the
bw export command to export your data to a
.json file in the current working directory. You can also pass the
--output option to specify a saving location of your choice. Using the
--format option will allow you to specify the file format as
json. The file format defaults to
csv if not specified.